Thursday, February 17, 2011

Doing the "blogger thing"

So you all know that i don't do the "blogger thing" but somehow (through the generosity of a good friend) i was awarded an award. "The Stylish Blogger Award" Now i am not stylish nor do i seem to write about anything with any kind of mass appeal, but i won and there are rules: (although i must add that Little Yawps broke rule #4 and failed to contact me.)
So here are the rules for acceptance of the award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 5 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
 Thank you Jen at Little Yawps (the link is below)
My Seven Things:
1.  I am charming but obnoxious. (and that comment alone personifies what i mean)
2.  I am passionate about many things, none of which benefit me professionally in any way, and i would like to change that.
3.  I have three great daughters and i am the biggest overprotective jerk dad in the world, that's not an apology, i am a total ass when it comes to my kids and i'm not sorry about it. I am the same way with my wife to a lesser extent (cuz she can handle herself), but i love her and can bring out the king kong of jerk if you upset her.
4.  I just found out, after 30 years of refusing to eat it, that i LOVE broccoli if it is raw. And i have set out to make up for lost time by eating my body weight in florettes over the last few months.
5.  I talk and act and look like i have a PhD, but i sell tires for a living. I am learned without the proper documentation, like an illegal alien of academia.
6.  I live in Florida but wish that i lived somewhere else, anywhere else ... seriously, anywhere. I have a friend who's husband runs a company in a central Asian country (-24 degrees F) and i sent him an e-mail to see if they were hiring. I haven't heard back yet, but i'm seriously ready to go.
7.  I love to read and will read any non-fiction i can find, which drives my wife nuts because our bank has an on going used book sale to benefit such and such and i bring home 3-4 books every week (hard covers are 50 cents), and the books are taking over the house. Some she throws out when i'm at work, she doesn't think that i know, but i do.

The Five Bloggers Who I Can’t Stop Coming Back To are:
i don't have five ... so i'll give you my 3 and two that are just cool but i don't read
http://littleyawps.wordpress.com/ the most awesome, schizophrenic, ironic, down right hysterical, blog out there. If you don't read it already you are sorely missing out.
http://lovelaughterandonecrazylife.blogspot.com/ the best tales of the adventures of a mom and her kids and husband and life in general. Honest and funny and cute ... and it has its own sound track which is cool. Of course she hasn't written since June, but if you go check it out and demand more i bet she'll oblige us.
http://caffeinatedcrossings.blogspot.com/ Not prolific, but the writing itself is stunning and descriptive and beyond professional.
http://www.shitmykidsruined.com/ pretty self explanatory ... you're gonna laugh!
http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/ no opinion, just the facts, numbers and it is simple and beautiful ... the opposite of pinkosworkd (all opinion)

2 comments:

  1. Hurrah!

    I LOVED "illegal alien of academia". Clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this was a fun post! Love you baby! :)

    ReplyDelete