Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Special, Tuesday Conversation with Winky

For those of you who know Winky ... this’ll probably make you laugh, for the rest of you, less fortunate souls, let this be the opportunity for you to get to know one of the great American geniuses of our generation. And some preemptive question answers:

1) Does she really talk like that? Yes.
2) Where does she come up with this stuff? I have no idea.
3) What do you say to her? Mostly, I laugh.
4) Is she really only 4? Yes.

Without further ado, this is an excerpt from a conversation with my daughter Winky while sitting in the car waiting for her baby sister to get a chest x-ray (came back negative!) Her older sister was also in the car. Winky took me on a stream of consciousness/ circular logic roller coaster ride in less than a minute.

Winky: Do you remember Valentine’s Day?
Me: Of course, it was yesterday.
Winky: You remember, at lunch, when I got to sit next to Brit-tany (that’s how she says Britany) and I really wanted to sit with Haley?
Me: You didn’t want to sit with Brit-tany? You love Brit-tany.
Winky: Daddy, I love Brit-tany more than Haley, and ... I love Haley more than Brit-tany, so ... and I love Ms. Sara more than Mr. Ron ...
Me: Is that so?
Winky: ... but I do love Mr. Ron.
Me: Oh
Winky: (without pausing from previous) Hey guys, I can go to PECI and you can’t.
Me: What?
Winky: Yeah, you can’t go there because you don’t have a name tag.
Me: What’s PECI?
Winky: You know, like ABC.
Me: What?
Winky: Daddy ... (exasperated sigh) you know your ABC’s.
Me: Yeah, I do.
Winky: Daddy?
Me: What’s up Winky?
Winky: You’re the best, daddy.
Me: Thanks Winks.
Winky: Can we go get some donuts? Not the chocolate ones, just the plain ones.

So that’s my girl ... she’s fantastic and all over the place.

Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. HYSTERICAL!!!!! So Mr. Ron is at the bottom of the list but still enough to be mentioned which is great with us! We love Winky!!
    Reader #3 aka Ms. Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Tuesday talks with Winky or Winky Wednesdays should be a recurring act! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I swear that child makes me laugh every single day! And Sara she loves all of you alot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That just made my whole day!!

    ReplyDelete