Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Trail of Destrustion!

So, I went to the doctor’s today and found out that I had a sinus infection and bronchitis ... double yay! I made the appointment yesterday, he saw me today, checked me out and I was outta there with a ‘scrip in my hand in less that an hour ... I went to the pharmacy had my $120 antibiotic switched to a generic $30 antibiotic and left with 20 horse pills in less than an hour. Wow, what a terrible health care system we have.

Ok, yesterday I posted that there was a story about my daughters coming today and I’m sure you have all been on the edge of your seats for this one (at least any of you that know my children). For this particular story we will rename a certain child Sgt. Chaos and another little one Private First Class Destructo (any guesses?). Some time in the afternoon, while Mommy was busy cleaning on the other side of the house, Sgt. Chaos took Pfc. Destructo by the hand and led her into the bathroom. The heros of our story began to play a game that seemed to revolve around putting as much toilet paper as possible in to the sink (interrogations have been less than effective). Round two of the game seems to have been realizing that the sink was full at which time Sgt. Chaos decided that the thing to do was wash the T.P. down the drain. Seconds after turning on the faucet the soggy toilet paper clogged the sink and the water began overflowing onto the counter ... at which time our heros ran. A few minutes later, realizing the trouble was coming, Sgt. Chaos returned to the scene of the crime and attempted to clean up the flood with a washcloth. When the washcloth proved itself no match for Lake Bathroom, Sgt Chaos ran to Mommy and exclaimed, “Mommy, there’s been a terrible accident, come quick!” Both Sgt. Chaos and Pfc. Destructo claim that the other is entirely at fault and at press time the investigation is still on going.
Later in the afternoon the same two heros, realizing that they were thirsty (and not wanting to disturb their mother), decided to help themselves to some juice. The glasses are much too high for them to reach ... some furniture was moved ... two small children climbed up onto the kitchen counter ... a cabinet was opened ... and, thank God, it was only a glass that hurtled to the floor and shattered. The noise brought Mommy running and the guilty parties were caught red handed! Mommy then made Sgt. Chaos call her father and apologize for breaking his “favorite” glass. The ensuing phone call of hysterical tears and blubbering apology left me laughing out loud. So, with that one I’m just glad that noone died. Now I’m going to have to drive back to Washington DC to “Angelo and Maxie’s” to buy myself a new pint glass.
Tomorrow I’m back to work and I have to wonder, what in the world will my two little co-conspirators think up next?

2 comments:

  1. You know you were trying to get material, lol! ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You spelled the title wrong??? Geeezzzz....This is really funny! Although, I think I may know where they get their destructiveness from? Well at least the breaking things part! :)
    Don't worry though, we still love you Pinky!
    Reader #3

    ReplyDelete