Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wednesday Conversation with Winky

Walking out of Lowe’s Home Improvement Mega-Super-Colossal-Wunder Store the other night after shopping for some paint. It was a damp night with a crescent moon in the sky, the clouds seemed especially low and were partially blocking the moon. Winky looked up at me and said, “Hey Dad, look at that!” while pulling on my arm.

Me- What Winks?
Winky- Up there!
Me- Where?
Winky- There! The moon.
Me- Yeah, there’s the moon. (I didn’t think much of it since spotting the moon has always been one of her favorite things)
Winky- There’s fuzz hanging off of it!
Me- (After about 20 seconds of laughing) Really?
Winky- Don’t you see it?
Me- Yeah, I see it. How do you think it got up there?
Winky- Um ... I think that somebody, um ... sent the fuzz to the north pole, you know, to Santa and then Santa put the fuzz in his sleigh and then the reindeer um ... flew it up there and Santa hung it off that pointy part.
Me- You think. (Trying not to laugh)
Winky- Is that how it got up there?
Me- I guess so. What’s the fluff made out of?
Winky- I think that it’s made out of flowers.
Me- Flowers?
Winky- Well ... like little pieces of flowers.
At this point, my lovely wife (check out her blog here ) chastised me for milking the kid to get material for a blog post ... which is NOT what I was doing ... well maybe a little, but she started the fuzz thing all by her self. My oldest daughter suggested that the fuzz might be made out of marshmallow fluff. We all laughed at that.
Winky- Yeah, it’s not flowers, it’s marshmallows! Good one Michaelia! Hey Dad?
Me- Yeah Winks?
Winky- Let’s go get ice cream!
Me- Ice cream?
Winky- Yeah, with marshmallows on it!
Me- Not tonight Winks, it’s a little cold for ice cream.
Winky- Tomorrow night?
Me- Maybe, we’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment