Thursday, December 24, 2009

Sleep debt writing

OK, so if you’re reading this we’ve probably met since my fan base seems to consist entirely of people that I ask, “Did you read my new post?” and they say no, and then I tell them that they should and then they check it out just to shut me up. So I know I don’t necessarily look like a mass murderer or a kidnapper ... I mean I don’t wear the uniform or drive an old Dodge 2500 Ramvan ... right? I guess I’m just saying I look fairly normal, but that being said let me clarify something for you parents out there (also those of you that might be parents some day pay attention) no matter how normal someone looks, no matter how cool they seem, no matter who introduced you to them ... YOU DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CHILD WITH A STRANGER IN A CROWDED AMUSEMENT PARK SO THAT YOU CAN GO GET A CUP OF COFFEE!!! and if you were to be so naive (which is to be interpreted STUPID) YOU DO NOT SPEND 25 MINUTES GETTING A CUP OF COFFEE WHILE A STRANGER IS WATCHING YOUR CHILD!!!!! Here’s parenting in a nutshell as I understand it. God blesses you with a child which is born fragile and needy and noisy and cute. Your job is to raise the child which includes feeding it, sheltering it, teaching it things and possibly most important of all, keeping it alive and a subsection of keeping it alive is NOT LEAVING YOUR CHILD WITH A STRANGER AT AN AMUSEMENT PARK! If you were to take an elementary parenting class they would not mention this because no one in their right mind would think that anyone would be so stupid, here’s an idea ... go find a 2nd grader and ask him/her if leaving a 4 year old with a stranger is a good idea and they will tell you “No”. I have been accused of being overprotective of my children a time or two (an accusation that is completely true) but c’mon! I mean, you don’t have to leash your kids, but making a good decision once in a while is going to be necessary in order to guarantee the kid’s survival isn’t it?

So on that note, today’s post is brought to you by children that probably will not survive to adulthood because their parents are retarded and obviously don’t love them.

In senate news the US Senate managed to move to a vote on a bill they haven’t read and will make our health care delivery system in some way more inept and simultaneously more expensive. But the good news is that they decided to make mandatory use of private health insurance ... so the system is going to be a complete fiasco, but the insurance companies will get 30 million more paying customers ... so I guess that’s good ... if you own an insurance company.

I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Chanukah from the bottom of my heart. Tomorrow we celebrate the birth of Christ, and although we may all do it in different ways we will be one body, worshiping God almighty and this amazing gift of a savior born to us as the son of man. As far as Chanukah goes ... I’m not sure about the details, but it has to do with candles and oil lasting a long time and God’s miraculous provision for his people ... so thanks be to God for his provision and love this time of year. I would have mentioned Kwanza ... but I don’t think your allowed to make up your own holidays just because you want to, sorry Kwanza people ... go out and either buy a nice Christmas tree or a menorah and call it a day.

Question of the day ... what do kidnappers look like? (submit your answer in the comments section).

No comments:

Post a Comment