Friday, January 29, 2010

What does this mean?

So, I never remember my dreams, to the point that I started to think that I don’t dream ... but then today happened. Today I was lying on the floor in the dining room stretching my sore back out and I fell asleep and I dreamed. What a strange thing it was, I need your help with it. I’m going to write it out as best as I can remember it and you’ll have to tell me what it means, because I am at a loss.


In the dream I was at my parent’s house (it wasn’t my parent’s real house, by that I mean the layout was different) they were having a dinner party. The guest list was as follows, Myself, Angela, My parents (obviously) their friends Elaine and Jack, My friend Carlo (who lives in Florida) and his father (who in real life is very heavy, but in my dream was very thin and in good shape) there were other people there that I don’t know, but in the dream I knew them and they knew me. So, I was in the kitchen and I started to get so tired that I could not open my eyes, I couldn’t see anyone and I fell. My father came to me and told me to get up, it was no time for such things and I told him that I couldn’t open my eyes, I was too tired. He told me to get up. I told him that I needed caffeine, Angela asked what was wrong and he told her that I needed caffeine. They went off together to find my mother. I crawled to the pantry and forced my eyes open to look at the coffee and the tea to find caffeinated (my parents really do not drink anything with caffeine) and did not find any (even though there was an enormous collection of different teas in the pantry). My father returned and told me that caffeinated coffee was for guests and I did not rate to get any. I was mad but I told him to get me caffeinated tea and I would make it really strong ( I was still on the floor with my eyes closed). He came back again with two tea bags. I was standing up now and had a cup of hot water. I forced my eyes open to see what kind of tea it was and one was lemon camomile and the other was plum (plum?). I put them both n the cup and began to drink. All of a sudden I could open my eyes and I was sitting at a high kitchen counter across from Elaine and Jack. My friend Carlo was standing next to me and I realized that noone had introduced him, I proceeded to introduce him and his father (the skinny healthy, version) and neither one of them had a right arm below the elbow. I introduced them to everyone but my parents and my wife, both men presented their right stubs of arms to shake hands and noone would shake their arms, they all turned away in disgust. I was appalled and told Carlo I was very sorry, he didn’t seem to mind but I was very upset and then I woke up.

Please, use your dream interpreting abilities to tell me what all that means ( if you don’t know me I drink 20 cups of coffee a day so that might be pertinent, Carlo works with his hands for a living and his father is very heavy and very ill (not at all mobile) so that might help you too. Leave your explanation in the comments section below to help me out with this.

2 comments:

  1. Haha. Pretty confident it means lay off the caffeine and get more sleep. :) megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. No more caffeine for you. Of course, Ang may not like that suggestion as you are probably pretty cranky without it!
    Reader #3

    ReplyDelete